New Vascular Service
WA Cardiology has recently added vascular ultrasound to our comprehensive range of testing services. Vascular ultrasound uses sound waves to evaluate the body’s circulatory system. It can help to identify plaques in the arteries and veins and detect blood clots. More specifically, GPs and Specialists may refer patients in order to assess vascular disease, determine the cause and severity of varicose veins, diagnose abdominal aortic aneurysms or deep vein thrombosis.
You may be at risk of developing Vascular Disease if you:
- Are age 55 years or older
- Have a family history of stroke, aneurysms or heart disease
- Have a family history of circulatory problems, including abdominal aortic disease or atherosclerosis
- Have heart disease, high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Have diabetes
- Are overweight
- Have a history of smoking
Finding Vascular Disease Early Can Save Your Life!
The good news is that vascular disease can be treated effectively, especially when it is found in its early stages. Please speak with your Doctor about your vascular health today.
All Vascular Ultrasounds are performed at our Murdoch location. View our range of Vascular tests here.