To ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff, WA Cardiology is closely monitoring the situation with regard to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and adhering to the WA Health Department guidelines.
Regular updates and advice on the disease are being provided by the Department of Health and can be found at https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert#how-to-protect-yourself-and-others.
In the interest of safety for our patients and staff, you must advise us if you:
- Have any flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough or sore throat
- Have returned from overseas or interstate in the past 14 days or are residing with someone who has
- Have come into contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus
If so, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for 2 weeks’ time.
Your Cardiologist may be able to consult with you over the phone. Please call us on 6169 2000 to arrange.
At WA Cardiology, we continue to take the following steps to mitigate the likelihood of the transmission of Coronavirus:
- Separate waiting room chairs to maintain an acceptable social distance
- Frequently use hand sanitiser and have it available for patients to use upon arrival
- Wash hands with soap and water often throughout the day
- Wipe down surfaces and door handles with hospital grade disinfectant every 15 minutes
- Change bed linen and bed roll between each patient, as usual
- Disinfect all testing equipment between every patient, as usual
- Avoid unnecessary personal contact (e.g. shaking hands)
- Remove all magazines and newspapers from waiting rooms
In order to limit the number of people entering our rooms, we ask that you attend your appointment alone where possible. Your care person should remain in the car or at home unless needed for your safety. We request that people under the age of 16 do not attend our rooms.
Should the Health Department’s advice change, we will immediately implement their recommendations.